Catalyst regeneration & Catalyst reactivation
We specialize in:
- Catalyst regeneration of NiMo, CoMo, NiCoMo, and NiW
- RAISE® reactivation of Palladium and Nickel hydrogenation catalysts
- Carbon burn-off and stripping of noble metals catalysts prior to metals reclamation
Development of customized catalyst regeneration and activation processes remains an increasingly important part of Eurecat's services. Contact us about your specific needs. Our laboratory will conduct a free initial evaluation of your catalyst samples to evaluate their regenerability.
- Activity Testing and Regeneration
- SAS Sample Analyze Segregate Brochure
- Effective Us of Catalysts Through Catalyst Regeneration
Catalyst regeneration processes utilize different types of batch and continuous-flow equipment to remove carbon and sulfur from spent catalyst.
RAISE® (Raise Activity - Improve Selectivity) Catalyst Activation for Precious Metal Catalysts
Specialty method to recover the activity and improve the selectivity of palladium and nickel hydrogenation catalysts. RAISE® has shown its effectiveness on C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, and pyrolysis gasoline hydrogenation catalysts.
- SAS = Sample - Analyze - Segregate
- Recover clean catalyst based on analysis of each individual bin
- Not just single analysis of composite sample
- Catalyst quality will vary greatly bin-by-bin based on the dump characteristics
Regenerated Catalyst Analysis Data
Regenerated Catalysts Analysis Data:
- Physical Characteristics
- Length Distribution
- Catalyst Activity Relative to Fresh for HDS
- Relative Delta Pressure Drop to Fresh (Optional)
Eurecat is licensed to apply the following manufacturer's proprietary rejuvenation technology to these regenerated catalysts:
Albemarle's REACT® technology for the Albemarle STARS™ line of catalysts,
Shell Catalyst & Technologies ENCORE technology for the Shell Catalyst & Technologies CENTERA® line of catalysts,
Eurecat can coordinate with Haldor-Topsoe and Axens to have your regenerated catalyst rejuvenated to 90-95-% of the original activity.
For those refiners who want to maximize their catalyst activity while minimizing their material cost, Eurecat can provide the latest in catalyst rejuvenation technologies.
Rejuvenation allows for multiple reactivations of certain high activity catalysts. This results in less downtime, lower environmental impact lower reactor temperatures, and longer cycle lengths.
The bottom line is your bottom line. Why spend money on new high-end catalysts when you can re-use the catalysts that you already have for a fraction of the cost?
Eurecat is licensed to apply Albemarle's REACT™ technology to rejuvenate the Albemarle STARS™ line of catalysts. Eurecat can coordinate with Shell Catalyst & Technologies, Haldor-Topsoe and Axens to have your regenerated catalyst rejuvenated to 90-95-% of the original activity.
Catalyst Dump Videos
Catalyst flow during a dump is not plug flow, but rather a "reverse chimney" flow. In order to accurately determine which bins are contaminated versus clean, the individual bins must be samples and analyzed. This is the Eurecat SAS (Samples-Analyze-Segregate) process.
Click on the video to watch the catalyst dump.